A Non-Profit Organization
Why This Cause is Important & Why We Need You
There are many in the world affected by homelessness, poverty, natural disasters, whether it is individuals, families, or single parents supporting children, and they are in need of trial size items to stay clean and healthy.
Who is Homeless and Why?
- There are more than 3.5 million in the US alone who experience homelessness every year
- 35% of the homeless population are families with children (this group is becoming the fastest growing segment of the homeless population)
- 23% are US military veterans
- 25% are children under the age of 18
- In urban communities, people experience homelessness for an average of 8 months+
Source: http://www.studentsagainsthunger.org/page/hhp/overview-homelessness-america and https://www.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/ahar-2013-part1.pdf
For more info: http://nationalhomeless.org/ and http://www.naeh.org/
Who is affected by natural disasters?
- In 2012 alone, 32.4 Million People were displaced by natural disasters - study by IDMC
- In the US, between 1980 and 2010 over 26 million were affected, and alone in 2012 hurricane Sandy displaced 776,000 out of their homes.
- Poorer countries have a harder time coping with disasters and relief comes more slowly, ie after 2010 earthquake in Haiti, hundreds of thousands are still living in makeshift tents after 3 years.
Source: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/wp/2012/wp12245.pdf and http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/survey/so/2012/new101012a.htm and http://www.preventionweb.net/english/countries/statistics/?cid=185 and http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/idmc-natural-disasters-displaced-people_n_3280854.html
Why does this matter?
Our organization believes we can make a difference in the lives of millions by helping them to have the supplies they need to stay clean and healthy, so they can focus more on moving forward, in building their lives.
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to be clean and healthy. We want to help people live the healthiest lives that they can.
Our hope is that you will join our cause and contribute, or if you are in need, that you will reach out for help!